Friday, January 20, 2017

I've been away


Sunrise, Thursday, at Rosyln Center, Richmond, VA



I've spent this week with my bishop classmates in the classes of 2016 and 2017 (even though I was elected in 2015, I am considered to be in the class of 2016 because that was our first meeting as a small group of peer-bishops).  We've been at the Rosyln center in Richmond, VA, and it has been a rich time of learning, conversation and building relationships that will last a lifetime.

We've been at it early in the morning until late in the evening leaving me little time to work on a blog.
Responding to the steady stream of emails from the people of Central PA (who are as active and engaged as ever)  has been my first priority in the few moments of free time that we've had.

So-  no blog today.

I'll be on the road, actually, headed home today and look forward to a full weekend spent with the Commission on Ministry and our postulants and candidates;  and two of our parishes as we worship-  one on Saturday evening and one on Sunday morning.

I'm praying, today, for those gathering in Washington-  for today's ceremony of Inauguration and prayer service and for tomorrow's marches.  And for all those who gather, this weekend, around our country speaking out in the name of hope, peace and justice.


Until next week,
blessings and love.

These are the members of my class.  From L to R, George Sumner (Dallas), Russell Kendrick (Central Gulf Coast), moi, Michael Curry (Presiding Bishop), Peter Eaton (SE Florida), Moises Quezada Mota (Dominican Republic, Co-adjutor) and  Mark Van Koevering (Mark served 13 years as diocesan bishop in Mozambique- Diocese of Niassa- and is now Assistant Bishop in W VA)

No comments:

Post a Comment